[rdiff-backup-users] Windows Directory Permissions

From: tkeene
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Windows Directory Permissions
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 00:44:05 -0500

I'm using the latest rdiff-backup (1.3.2) in cygwin to backup one ntfs folder
onto another ntfs drive. The backup and incrementing works great. But when it's
done backing up the folder is no longer accessible to me (Windows won't let me
open it). If I then run rdiff-backup with the --delete-older-than option on
that folder it returns an error, saying I can't do that because the folder does
not look like an rdiff folder.

I did some digging and it looks like rdiff-backup changes the permissions of
the folder each time it increments, setting the folder to read-only and giving
its owner no permissions on it, not even read permissions.

I wouldn't mind this so much (it might even be considered desirable!) except my
script cannot then --delete-older-than or check the folder.

Help please!