[rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup for windows!

From: mdnchauhan
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup for windows!
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 02:11:02 -0400

Hi all,

I am using windows XP.
>From http://www.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup/ web link I have downloaded
>rdiff-backup-1.2.8. I put the rdiff-backup.exe in F:\ drive.
Now I am able to take the backup of any directory by using following command:
F:\rdiff-backup -b G:\source D:\dest    (fine)
I am able to restore this backup from following command:
F:\rdiff-backup -r now D:\dest G:\restore   (fine)

I am not so much familiar with rdiff-backup, please try to clear my some
confusions.

Do I need to download any other material like CYGWIN or PYTHON2.5 to work
rdiff-backup more efficiently or this rdiff-backup.exe is sufficient for
incremental backup and restore it as well?

If I want to take the backup(full and incremental) of any single file or some
files of a directory then which command I need to execute?

(Your suggestions are important to me)

Thanks
Madan Chauhan