Re: [rdiff-backup-users] "--compare-hash-at-time" question

From: Serge Zub
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] "--compare-hash-at-time" question
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 02:28:56 +0300

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, but with one significant note -- only differs in directory structure and file contents are impotent.
Any changes in the metadata (file attributes, ACL and others) MUST BE ignored by the comparing algorithm!
For example, if some file's last modification time has been changed while the content of this file is not changed -- this will be treated as no changes exists for this file.
Is it possible?

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 12:22 AM, Matthew Flaschen <address@hidden> wrote:
Serge Zub wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm still testing rdiff-backup 1.3.3 under WindowsXP.
>
> Before my backup process is started I need to know -- is the contents of the
> source directory changed since last backup (files and directories were added
> or deleted, contents of the files were changed).

I assume you mean, "Has anything changed in my source directory since my
last rdiff-backup?".  If so, I believe the answer is just:

rdiff-backup --compare

with your usual options.

Matt Flaschen