jami

Re: [Ring] Important information about the project

From: Cyrille Béraud
Subject: Re: [Ring] Important information about the project
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 14:07:25 -0500 (EST)

Hello everybody,

Sorry for the delay.
Just a few and quick answers to some questions we have received:

What does the name mean? Where does it come from?
Jami is inspired by a Swahili word that means "community".

How do we pronounce the name? Should it be like in French, English,
Esperanto, or perhaps some other language?
We pronounce Jami as "ʒami"

Is the logo staying the same, or is it going to change, too?
Yes, we keep the same logo (we slightly changed the colour).

Will the translation be moved from Transifex to Weblate? If so, can you advise when Weblate will be live?
We are thinking about transitioning. But it is not currently a priority.

Can the https://jami.net (currently redirecting to https://ring.cx/) homepage be translated into Hungarian (Magyar)? Your website has an "EN" and "FR" drop-down. Can "HU" please be added too?
We aim to provide a multi-language website. So the Hungarian language will be available

Is there any reason why you choose a .net domain instead of a .org domain?
Jami.org does not seem to be available, so we have chosen jami.net.

Is the Jami licence "GPLv3" or "GPLv3 or later"?
Jami is and will remain published under the GPLv3+ licence.

Will the git be moved from https://git.ring.cx to https://git.jami.net?
Done

Will this list be changed from address@hidden to address@hidden?
Probably, as soon as we have everything settled.

Thank you, everyone, for your feedback and help.

Best wishes for the holidays and happy new year!

Cyrille

--

Cyrille Béraud
SavoirfaireLinux, Président.