rule-list

[RULE] Re: vum:BOX

From: Ingo Lantschner
Subject: [RULE] Re: vum:BOX
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 19:27:26 +0200

> Even better: Ingo, May I ask you to put together a short press
> release, and a summary page of what you did, with links to VUM and
> everything else you think important?

RULE: RULE-based vum:BOX goes into final test

    RULE-based vum:BOX will be tested from Frank Luaba, project-coordinator
from "congo:deux"

        After weeks of a very fruitful cooperation between VUM and "The RULE
Project", we are now in the stage, where a "should-work-ISO" was delivered to
one of the target-users, in order to put hands on it. Frank Tenday Luaba is the
coordinator of the upcoming project congo:deux in Kinshasa/DRC. The roleout
will take place in September 2003 in 4 schools.

        Presently he prepares some of the collected hardware in his headquarter
in Vienna with the so called vum:BOX. Based on the Slinky-ISO (Version 0.3.95)
from "The RULE-Project" this package contains a small but up to date version of
RedHat Linux Version 9, the most recent versions of Abiword, OpenOffice and
Acrobat Reader.

        This first experience with a ruleified system points out: This BOX will
allow you  to perform all standard computing tasks. And by this, it will allow
people to communicate and exchange information across borders and long
distances. It will enable them to help themselves and to pass their skills onto
others. We are very thankful to the OpenSource Community and especially to the
people from The Rule Project.

        Related links:

        o   #REF
http://ingo.netomania.at/rule/vum_BOX_Install/index.html;Pictures form the