rule-list

Re: [RULE] Re: Restricted requirements for RULE website

From: M. Fioretti
Subject: Re: [RULE] Re: Restricted requirements for RULE website
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 18:52:23 +0100

(CCing Rodolfo and the list so everybody is up to date)

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 17:49:48 PM +0100, C David Rigby
(address@hidden) wrote:

> I have been continuing to explore the CMS called SPIP that I
> mentioned previously.  I am preparing a more detailed report with
> respect to our requirements (both the original ones and the revised
> set below) that I hope to present within a day or two.  I think that
> it goes a long way to meeting our needs, but we will have to do at
> least some customizing for our purposes.  That is always the case.
>
> Also, since we have experienced some intermittent difficulties with
> our mailing list, I may not have successfully gotten the word out
> that I set up a testbed server that members of this list can use if
> they would like to experiment with web site design or other
> precedures. Send me an email if you would like an account.
> Currently all access is via SSH or http.

OK, great, thanks a thousand. Just remember that map and mirror can be
easily ported to the new system, no need to do them again. Also, what
about keeping the MySQL database approach (see what I wrote about
scalability)? Do you think it would be possible?

As for the account, yes, do send it offlist as soon as you think it's
time to start testing.

Ciao,
        Marco Fioretti
--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

We shall serve God, family and country, in that order, because without
the one before it, each would perish.