rule-list

Re: [RULE] Testing of new website started. Contributors wanted

From: M. Fioretti
Subject: Re: [RULE] Testing of new website started. Contributors wanted
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:27:28 +0200

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 19:22:23 PM +0200, C David Rigby
(address@hidden) wrote:

> Anyway, to do some of the things mentioned by Marco (such as
> simplifying the display of information, removing the references to
> the author's other articles, etc.) the templates need to be
> modified. I feel like I understand the principles and the scripting
> language well enough, I just need to spend some time poking about in
> the code until the displayed pages have the desired appearance and
> functionality.

OK, thanks!

> Question for Marco: are you working on a script in in bash or PHP?

A bash one, so I can:

  scp all the source text pages and the script
  ssh into the server
  run the script once,to enter all of them into the SPIP MySQL
        database, according to the suggestions I'm getting on the SPIP
        list.

Obviously I'll test the script on my PC before doing it on the server
server.

> Are you working on converting the existing HTML or playtext pages,
> or the install reports, or both?

Probably both. In SPIP it seems to not make much sense to threat them
as a separate category of content like it is today. The MySQL table
which all the data is another issue. We can either drop it (since
SPIP has a content search engine anyway) or restore it, but then it
would need to be treated separately from everything else. Probably not
worth the extra effort.

Ciao,
        Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds
discuss people.                            -- Admiral Hyman Rickover