rule-www

Re: [Rule-www] Testers database on the web site

From: Martin Stricker
Subject: Re: [Rule-www] Testers database on the web site
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 01:27:38 +0200

Marco Fioretti wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we should also add to the web site some support for browsing the test
> farm, i.e. to answer questions like:
>
>                 we added support for X to miniconda: does any tester
>                 have the right PC to test it on?
>
>                 which versions of miniconda work on every available
>                 PC, and which not (to spot untracked bugs)

The test PC data sheets as mailed to Benoit should go into the database,
but be accessible only to a few of us developers/testers, not the
general public.

The results from the tests should also go into the database, but will be
difficult as long as we haven't made up our minds about what to focus on
and given the testers a standadized test form to send to Benoit (or
someone else). They could even fill in their results directly into the
database via a HTML form page.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Webmaster-Forum: http://www.masterportal24.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi