rule-www

Re: [Rule-www] Testers database on the web site

From: Marco Fioretti
Subject: Re: [Rule-www] Testers database on the web site
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 00:09:45 +0200

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 01:27:38 at 01:27:38AM +0200, Martin Stricker wrote:

> The test PC data sheets as mailed to Benoit should go into the database,
> but be accessible only to a few of us developers/testers, not the
> general public.

Why not? We could mask their email addresses to minimize spam, but
(me playing the Quality/marketing suits at my company) showing to
 everybody that we have a solid testing process in place and the
variety of hardware being covered, would make a good impression, would
it not?

> The results from the tests should also go into the database, but will be
> difficult as long as we haven't made up our minds about what to focus on
> and given the testers a standadized test form to send to Benoit (or
> someone else).

Yes

> They could even fill in their results directly into the
> database via a HTML form page.

Yes again

        Ciao,
                Marco
--
If you want to be worshipped, go to India and moo.     -The Quiz Show