rule-www

Re: [Rule-www] Testers database on the web site

From: Rodolfo J. Paiz
Subject: Re: [Rule-www] Testers database on the web site
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 16:27:13 -0600

At 4/21/2002 01:27 AM +0200, you wrote:
The test PC data sheets as mailed to Benoit should go into the database,
but be accessible only to a few of us developers/testers, not the
general public.

I'd rather suggest that we munge some data like email addresses, but if hard test data is available then that further strengthens our nascent reputation for professionalism and thoroughness. Also good for public relations. I'd be happy to make all test data available _after_ we have it somewhat ordered, as in out of beta status.

The results from the tests should also go into the database, but will be
difficult as long as we haven't made up our minds about what to focus on
and given the testers a standadized test form to send to Benoit (or
someone else).

Need to standardize those things soon.

They could even fill in their results directly into the
database via a HTML form page.

Definitely the best approach; ditto for the Test PC configurations.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
address@hidden