savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] Re: Database structure + other questions

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-dev] Re: Database structure + other questions
Date: 08 May 2003 21:34:58 +0200

Marco Mambelli <address@hidden> a tapoté :

> Mathieu Roy wrote:
>
> >Marco Mambelli <address@hidden> a tapoté :
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>I'm working on a local installation of savannah and I'm experiencing
> >>some problems with the MySQL database:
> >>
> >>some tables seems to be missing (filemodule, user_preferences, ?); I'd
> >>like to create them. The open patch 582 seems to create some of them
> >>but not all.
> >>
> >>Is it there a description or a dump (savannah.xml) of the database
> >>structure?
> >>

> >>Normally there is a complete dump. See READMEs in savannah/db/
> >>
> Thanks, before I did not understood correctly what
> database_savannah.structure is and the difference from the table_
> files.
> I initialized the database from the tablefiles (the default in the
> Makefile) even if I had to do it manually because some initial DB
> login problems (the DB user/password in the Makefile, SV_DB_OPTIONS,
> were empty - even if sys_dbuser/sys_dbpasswd were set correctly).
> This is why I was missing the tables.
> Now I'm adding them manually when I encounter errors:
> -error in the project submission:
>    filemodule
> -suggestion from open patch 582 (beside filemodule):
>    activity_log
>    filemodule_monitor

If I'm not mistaking, this tables must be removed.

> -bug view/forum-news view pages: user_preferences

Ok.

> Anyway, knowing the submitter from the approval page would probably be
> a nice addon (to eventually decide/change the group type depending on
> the submitter or to contact him, ...).

In fact, you know it by clicking on "Project Members" but it's an idea
to add it directly in the admin interface.

> >>-each news seems to originate a new discussion forum, is it true?
> >>(I'm trayin to reactivate the forums in my installation)
> >>

> >Yes it is. The forum tools has been deactivated. Some times ago I
> >tried to reactivated but we have apparently lot of work to do to get
> >it coherent with other savannah features.
> >
> I'll try to get into it, if you have any suggestion they are more then
> wellcome

If you have something work, you can send us patches :)

> >>-do you have any suggestion on how/where to link existing mailing
> >>lists to the project pages (Generic mailing lists: they could be on
> >>different hosts and not mailman based)?
> >>

> >They can be on different hosts (it's the case on savannah ; mailing
> >list are managed by mail.gnu.org with is a different computer). And
> >probably can be not mailman based, but we have tested that yet.
> >

> I'm intending the same group have lists on several servers.

Hum, more complicated.

> Once you define the group type the mailing list server seems to be
> bounded; when adding a mailing list
> (admin/index.php?group_id=XX&add_list=1) the server part is
> impossible to change: - the project admin cannot control/change the
> mailing list server (most important) - all the lists have to be on
> the same server Specially when hosting preesisting projects coming
> from etherogeneous places (this will probably be my case) it wuold
> be nice to provide the missing tools and let the groups to use their
> preesisting tools

Our first step is to having everything working correctly. My work on
savannah is delayed because I have lot of work currently (should
decrease gradually). Once everything will be ok, then add more
configuration item will be appropriate.

Regards,

--
Mathieu Roy