Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Mailing list

From: Yavor Doganov
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 19:05:34 +0300

Tim Dobson wrote:

> > If you get listed as a Free Software user group, we can approve
> > the project.
>
> We are now listed as a FSUG [1].

"We are now listed as a FSUG because I edited the file." would be the
sentence that correctly represents what happened.

Well, it doesn't work this way.  Having write access to gnu.org does
not entitle you to neglect the established procedures.  Since there is
apparent conflict of interest, you should realize that it is not
acceptable if you add your own group yourself.  And you added two
groups.  Please revert the change (possibly by only commenting the
snippet) and follow the procedure in the file you have edited; the
criteria for inclusion in the list is roughly explained at
gnu-user-groups.html.  (If Matt has ACKed this, that's OK.)

(Similarly, if Sylvain has to register a project of his own, he doesn't
approve it automatically; it is reviewed by another person instead.
Simple sanity check, at least -- and other things as well, if you
happen to have lived in a country where everyone is equal, but some
are more equal.)