Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Hosting requirements in avrdude

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Hosting requirements in avrdude
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 22:29:41 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 09:13:36PM +0200, Alex Fernandez wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 8:45 PM, Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I suggest we now wait for a day or two, and other Savannah admins will
> > resume the conversation with the avrdude maintainers to clarify what
> > the requirements are.
>
> I agree (not as a junior admin, but as someone with some experience
> working with other developers). I volunteer to take the matter up with
> your oversight and Mario's, who always does an excellent job at
> monitoring for compliance. If another admin with more experience
> (Sylvain for instance) prefers to take it into their own hands that is
> fine with me.

We just discussed about it on IRC with Mario and Jonathan, and I think
things are clearer now.

Basically I'll discuss with the avrdude maintainers in a bit and
clarify the scope of the issue ("open source" and "linux", and only
that), point them to the hosting requirement so they see we don't
invent them on the fly, and discuss the issue a bit to find an
agreement.

We also made clear that we're site admins, but not project admins, and
that there are limit on what we can do.

Incidentally Joerg just sent me a private mail which makes me think we
can do it in good intelligence.

How does that sound?

--
Sylvain