[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: doc improvements

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: doc improvements
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 23:38:00 GMT

Hi Alex,

    in the Savannah interface there are two links:
      User Docs: Cookbook
              ->  https://savannah.gnu.org/cookbook/?group=administration
      User Docs: In Depth Guide
              ->  https://savannah.nongnu.org/userguide/

Ah yes, those two links have always bothered me too, especially the
"cookbook" with its multi-repetition, but I've never had a clear vision
of what to replace them with.  (Given that we already have "FAQ".)  I,
for one, would be very happy to see any proposal.

The userguide is (I believe) a generic document written for Savane that
we simply installed.  It's possible that Savane itself has
a newer/better version.

By the way, another improvement that comes to mind would be to create a
new FAQ page "VC Instructions" that lists the supported VC's with links
to each of their specific pages.  Then we could replace
"CVS Instructions" in the left-hand navbar with that.

Thanks,
Karl