Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] help needed with savannah

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] help needed with savannah
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 22:26:49 GMT

    The GFDL restricts the freedoms of the recipients in that they
    cannot omit certain parts of documents licensed under it (invariant
    sections

Just for the record ... those invariant sections are specifically
intended solely for ethical and legal texts which should not be
modifiable.  Not technical information.  Obviously, rms is the last
person in the world who would create and promote a license that
restricts sharing of software documentation.

I doubt anyone here is confused about this, but just felt I should say
something about this sadly contentious point between GNU and Debian.

karl