Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr commit notifications

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr commit notifications
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 03:29:46 -0400

Karl Berry wrote (on Tue, 4 Jun 2013 at 22:54 GMT):

> On vcs, you know better than me about hacking the bzr stuff. FWIW,
> the actual cron job that does the notifications is
> /etc/cron.hourly/bzr_commit_mail_notification. Let us know ...

I gave it a go. It was a complete waste of time. The bzr-email plugin
apparently doesn't do central notification on a server, only on the
clients, which is totally useless. This is buried away in
http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/beta/en/admin-guide/hooks-plugins.html

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr-email/+bug/307988
seems to claim otherwise.

I will ask the bzr mailing list once more. I'm pretty tired of this.

>     (I'll probably remove my authorized key again afterwards.)
>
> I hope not ...

Just in case that wasn't clear: I didn't mean that I was going to
break a bunch of stuff and then run away, rather that: i) obviously
it's good for security to minimize the number of people who can login;
and ii) I don't want to become responsible for bzr on Savannah (but it
seems fairly clear that no-one else does either. I rather hoped that
someone already _was_ responsible for it; obviously not.).