Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr commit notifications

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr commit notifications
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 23:15:24 GMT

Hi Glenn,

    There was a hard-coded --no-plugins being passed to bzr in
    /usr/local/bin/sv_membersh .
    Does anyone see any issue with removing that?

I can't think of any particular issue.  Given your research (which I had
no memory of; good sleuthing) it sounds fine.

    As a normal Savannah user, I have no access to ~gm/.bazaar/, do I?

I'm pretty sure you aren't intended to.  Savannah users definitely don't
have general shell accounts to their accounts.  I don't know enough
about bzr to know if there are "tricky" ways to get in there.

    It disables all plugins except core ones that come with bzr.

Excellent.  That allays vague concerns :).

    So I think it is ok?

I do too.

    If it seems ok, I will switch Emacs to use this rather than the
    bzr-hookless-email cron job.

Give it a try, if you haven't already.  Or if you want to try something
other than Emacs for a test, I am sure that Brandon Invergo
<address@hidden> would be happy for gsrc to be the guinea pig.

    As bonuses:

Yay for both.

Thanks much for all your work on this.  I am totally sympathetic to not
wanting to work on infrastructure, believe me.

karl