Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] what's the matter with the bzr server?

From: Ivan Kanis
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] what's the matter with the bzr server?
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 08:11:51 +0200

June, 09 at 19:50 Glenn wrote:

> (It would have been helpful to have the start of this discussion referenced:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-06/msg00236.html )

Sorry I didn't. I was following Eli's suggestion.

>> Maybe Ivan was doing an anonymous checkout?
>
> I don't think so.

It's not an anonymous checkout.

>> If Ivan was doing an ssh connection, perhaps it is a timeout happening
>> at the ssh level.  I've long had the following in ~/.ssh/config:
>> ServerAliveInterval  30
>> ServerAliveCountMax  10
>> TCPKeepAlive yes
>
> I did recommend this. I have yet to see a response, or an answer to the
> questions I asked:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-06/msg00279.html

I have tried both. I have tacked the "ServerAliveInterval 60" in my ssh
config. I have upgraded to bzr 5.1 on my desktop and my server.

> There is an internal, 300 second timeout in bzr since 2.5.
> If clients are _idle_ for more than 300 sec, they get disconnected
> (so maybe the exec timeout thing isn't needed any more).
> That is what is happening in this case AFAICS:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-06/msg00281.html

I think that is the problem. My desktop is somewhat slow compared to
modern hardware.

/proc/cpuinfo reports Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU 330 @ 1.60GHz.

Could that be why my client becomes idle?

I will try version 2.6b and let you know how it goes.