Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] what's the matter with the bzr server?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] what's the matter with the bzr server?
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 20:02:31 -0400

Karl Berry wrote:

>     We can in principle increase the 300s timeout by passing
>     --client-timeout=ARG to bzr serve in /usr/local/bin/sv_membersh,
>
> I think we should (to, say, an hour), regardless of whether that helps
> Ivan or not, because all experience is that networks fail in
> unpredictable and unknowable ways.

OK, bumped to 1hr for anon and auth access.

> I see no significant downside to increasing the timeout?

All I can think of is that a bunch of stale connections might start
hanging around. But if they are idle they ought to be harmless (?).

BTW, do you understand why anon access (/etc/xinetd.d/bzr-hpss) passes
the --allow-writes option? That makes no sense to me. It runs as user
nobody, so it cannot (and should not) write anything.