Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] what's the matter with the bzr server?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] what's the matter with the bzr server?
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 18:24:13 +0300

> From: Ivan Kanis <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 14:03:12 +0200
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > Is it doing anything when it dies, or has it been idle for 5 mins?
>
> After 40 minutes, the CPU is pegged at 100%. My guess is that it's idle
> as far as the network is concerned.

The CPU being pegged is unexpected.  Normally, CPU is hardly ever used
when bzr fetches a lot of data from the network.  Is it possible that
bzr is running out of memory and starts paging?  (You didn't tell how
much memory you have on that machine.)

> There is no network activity while the CPU is pegged.

Are you sure the CPU was consumed by bzr, not by something else?  What
does 'top' or 'ps' say about that?