Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Sender address@hidden (was: Project Approv

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Sender address@hidden (was: Project Approved)
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 21:03:40 -0600

Mike Gerwitz wrote:
> Hopefully this is the correct mailing list for this:

Is it a good place to discuss this.  However there aren't any active
Savannah developers and therefore the people who will talk about it
are not well versed.  Sergey Poznyakoff is the only truly active
maintainer but that is for the Puszcza.  We have been sharing code.
Sergey has been contributing bug fixes.  (Which is super awsome!)

> The sender for the approval e-mail for Savannah is 'address@hidden'.
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 17:38:17 +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> > Your project registration for Savannah has been approved.

I went looking for that in the code.  I found it.  But the logic going
into it is rather convoluted.  It's here.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/administration/savane.git/tree/frontend/php/include/sendmail.php

Which is called from here:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/administration/savane.git/tree/frontend/php/include/proj_email.php#n50

Which leads me to the sys_email_adress configuration variable.  That
appears in /etc/savane/savane.conf.pl as:

      our $sys_mail_domain="gnu.org";
      our $sys_mail_admin="savannah-reports-private";
      our $sys_email_adress="address@hidden";

Which seems like the address should be savannah-reports-private AT
gnu.org (which I spell out so that the email address redactor doesn't
redact it).  That seems reasonable at first glance.  But the logic in
sendmail.php is pretty complex given the function starts on line 29
and ends on line 416!  That is a long convoluted function.  It is
likely that it isn't actually getting that value and it is being left
unset through the code.

It will need some more debugging to understand what is happening.  But
unfortunately that is all of the time that I have available for this
at this moment.

Patches welcome!

Bob