Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Sender address@hidden

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Sender address@hidden
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 22:47:31 -0600

Mike Gerwitz wrote:
> Since the header is only produced by line $79, that implies that...
> ...the global `$sys_email_address' is either 'address@hidden' or empty,

I think it is probably empty at that poing.  In which case we could
check that and add a default value if so.

> That said, the user under which Savane is running isn't root:

You didn't show the complete headers.  We didn't get to see this
before.

That IP address is not from Savannah.  That IP is allocated to a
location in China.  That isn't the user under which Savannah is
running.  Although according to that code we have just looked at
Savannah will try to set the From: header to match the user in some
cases.  But that wouldn't account for the above header.

Perhaps you could show us the full headers of the message?  Seeing
that makes me wonder what message you actually received.

Bob