[Savannah-hackers] Re: DotGNU Single Login

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: DotGNU Single Login
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 20:43:36 -0400

I am not sure this was handled correctly in that we did not yet actually designate a maintainer for this, at least as far as I recall. However, such a sub-project had been proposed and discussed on the mailing lists for awhile now, and presumably someone simply jumped the gun. Simply put it on hold for now, I need to confirm what the status of this will be and who the actual maintainer for this will be. Richard will of course also have to approve the maintainer before this can be activated.

If there are other DotGNU related things that people jump off on like this that you do not know the person is already a maintainer or you are in doubt, please ask about this as well. It is good that people are so enthusiastic, but if this becomes a problem we could simply establish a filtering policy where all such DotGNU related Savannah requests need to come from the steering comittee directly.

David

Loic Dachary wrote:

        Hi,

Could you please confirm that this is indeed part of DotGNU ?
---

stefan pernes <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License: Package: DotGNU Single Login
System name: singlelogin
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

Single Login is part of the DotGNU distributed environment.
It is responsible for automatically logging the user into
site xyz while using her/his favourite browser.
It\'ll probably first implemented as a netscape/mozilla plugin.
You can have a look at the spec <a
href=http://members.home.net/alberts/single.htm>here</a>.