[Savannah-hackers] Re: [CoreTeam]Re: DotGNU Single Login

From: tony stanco
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [CoreTeam]Re: DotGNU Single Login
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 07:25:26 -0400

We need to be careful not to discourage people. There is a lot of work to do
and we need a lot of volunteers.

David, perhaps let people start their projects, and DotGNU chooses which
ones it will back later on. We probably don't want to be an overly
hierarchical command and control structure decreeing from above. So let them
work on things and we will have a "beauty contest" once they have made some
progress. That way we don't have to chose the winners at the beginning of
the race. It is easier to know the winners nearer the finish line. We can
make the projects an official GNU/DotGNU then. We need to remember that MOST
of these projects will go nowhere, either because the leaders can't lead, or
that the ideas don't work out once some work is done.

Loic, is it OK to put these projects on Savannah as free software projects,
but that are not yet official GNU projects?

href=http://members.home.net/alberts/single.htm>here</a>.