[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of IQube

From: sghosh99
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of IQube
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 07:18:54 -0700

Subhabrata Ghosh <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: IQube
System name: iqube
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

Java Based Load/Stress Testing software, on the lines of Mercury Interactive
LoadRunnner. Currently I\'m am working on implementing a system for testing
curses based applications via telent emulators, using the JTA ( Java Telnet
Applet ) package.I would like to start this as an open project so that other
developers can join in and expand the system to include GUI and web-based
application testing.

To give a background about the project. The software I am trying to build will
consist of a controller, distributed launchers and individual drones ( sorry
about the startrek analogy. ). The drones use a telnet based gateway to
simulate user interaction with charecter based user or commend line interfaces.
I have only written the objects for telnet based applications but the frmaework
can be used with anyother interface by writing additional plugins. The drones
simulate the user responses and measure the response times and pass this
information to be collected and analyzed.

I am fully aware of the Free Software ideology and am infact a part of the GNUe
project. You can verify this as my name is listed on the GNUe Project Team. (
Subhabrata Ghosh ). So rest assured that there is no commercial implication to
this intiative. I have been using LoadRunner and found it lacking in a lot of
features and am pissed with their product and support so I decided to start
this work. I intend to release all the source code I have written so far ( and
in the future ) as Copyleft\'ed software.