[Savannah-hackers] Re: incomplete relaying list on fencepost

From: Mark H. Weaver
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: incomplete relaying list on fencepost
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 01:32:40 -0400

"Joel N. Weber II" <address@hidden> writes:
> I just noticed that we neglected to add the global naps server subnet
> to this list, which may mean that anyone trying to send mail from
> subversions to a non-gnu address lost.  I'm a bit unclear on why this
> wouldn't have hurt us badly and been immediately noticed and fixed.

Is subversions configured to use fencepost as a smarthost?  If not, I
don't see why it matters.

> I also noticed that delysid was missing gnuftp in its relaying config,
> in addition to the global naps server subnet.  If I get ambitious
> later, I think I will move the list of machines to relay for to a file
> that will get automatically propogated to delysid (although you still
> probably have to get exim restarted to make the change take effect).

Same thought regarding gnuftp.  For GNU/Linux and other unix-like systems,
I'm not clear on why using smarthosts is worthwhile.  It just adds a
dependency, so that if one machine breaks it causes other machines to
break.

In any case, I don't have any objection to relaying for these hosts.

        Mark