[Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: Re: Futile bug reports?]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: Re: Futile bug reports?]
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 00:14:29 -0600 (MDT)

Is this true?

Paul wants some sort of bug tracking.  Can you set it up
somehow?

To: address@hidden
From: "Paul D. Smith" <address@hidden>
Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.bug
Subject: Re: Futile bug reports?
Sender: address@hidden
Date: 15 Aug 2001 12:58:42 -0400

%% address@hidden (Richard Stallman) writes:

  rs>     Perhaps SourceForge would be a good solution for a small group of
  rs>     core maintainers.

  rs> That is a rather vague statement.  Could you say more specifically
  rs> why you think using SourceForge instead of savannah.gnu.org would
  rs> help this?  Savannah has more or less the same facilities as
  rs> SourceForge, so as far as I know, this would not change anything.

Savannah doesn't have any sort of bug tracking whatsoever.  Furthermore,
there hasn't been any progress in the attempt to provide one, that I can
discern, for at least the last six months.

Without bug tracking, Savannah is less useful than SourceForge.

- --
-