Re: [Savannah-hackers] Classpath does not appear in project list

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Classpath does not appear in project list
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 12:51:30 +0200

Nic Ferrier writes:

 >    Classpath had its own special way to update
 >    the web from the CVS tree, before Savannah
 >    existed, before www.gnu.org switched to CVS.
 >    This is why I did not associated classpath with the
 >    corresponding CVS directory when I moved
 >    www.gnu.org in CVS : to avoid conflicts with the
 >    existing script and existing habits. If you or the
 >    developers of classpath want to change the situation,
 >    just drop a mail in savannah-hackers.
 >
 > Loic (and anyone else interested):
 >
 > Brian and Paul (Classpath maintainers) have requested that Classpath
 > be made a "normal" project.
 >
 > I don't know how to fix the webcvs stuff. Can you do this for us
 > please?

        I did it. Sorry for the delay, I had to catch up with 3 weeks
vacations backlog :-}

        I did the following:

        - backup the existing directory in
          gnudist.gnu.org:/home/www/backups/classpath
        - import in subversions.gnu.org:/webcvs/software/classpath
          the content of the directory EXCEPT archive because I figured
          it would not be needed. Let me know if it should be imported too.
        - created the .symlinks file to restore the symbolic links
        - ran the symlinks command by hand
        - checked the web site
        - activated the HTML repository on savannah.gnu.org and checked
          that members of the classpath project indeed have permissions
          to modify the pages in software/classpath (that also shows
          on http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group_id=85).

        Cheers,