Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Gnatsweb and Savannah

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Gnatsweb and Savannah
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 13:02:07 +0200

At 20:09 17.08.2001 -0400, Hugo Gayosso wrote:
We are already using GNATS 4, well, not really 4 because it hasn't
been released but a snapshot from CVS:

ii  gnats          3.999.20010527 The GNU problem report management system (ce
ii  gnatsweb       3.113-13       Web interface to the GNU problem report mana

The Gnatsweb version number looks suspicious. If you are referring to the system running on fencepost, I just upgraded Gnatsweb there to 3.97.

We are using only one database, and we want to migrate to a
multi-database GNATS.  We were going to start the effort but we didn't
got farther than setting up a couple of extra databases for testing
purposes.

Are we talking one database per project here? If so, it looks like this is going to be a nice GNATS stress-test.

Our current GNATS installation has been working in production mode
since then at least by the libc team.

Gnatsweb has been in use too.

Will we be moving the system that's currently on fencepost to the main savannah machine, or is the system going to continue running on fencepost?

I see one area which needs work, and that is account management. GNATS currently supports MD5 and plaintext, crypt support is coming -- we have a patch pending for that. Kerberos support hasn't been tested in ages and can't be assumed to work. I assume you want to give project admins access to the admin interface that was developed some time ago. I haven't had time to look at it since it was submitted -- would you say that it's ready for production use, and how do you propose that we integrate GNATS accounts with the Savannah account system?

By the way: The default Gnatsweb look is fairly different from Savannah's, but I assume that cosmetics is a fair bit down the list of priorities?

And one more thing: I think I'd need root access here and there to start putting the pieces of the puzzle together. I do consider myself low-risk, half a dozen years of sysadmin experience means I've seen most pitfalls -- and trodden in my fair share of them.

- Yngve