Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Gnatsweb and Savannah

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Gnatsweb and Savannah
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 22:17:57 -0600 (MDT)

    Will we be moving the system that's currently on fencepost to the main
    savannah machine, or is the system going to continue running on fencepost?

I have no objection to moving it to Savannah if that seems
more convenient.

    I see one area which needs work, and that is account management. GNATS
    currently supports MD5 and plaintext, crypt support is coming -- we have a
    patch pending for that. Kerberos support hasn't been tested in ages and
    can't be assumed to work.

It may not be absolutely necessary for GNATS to support all the same
access methods that Savannah uses otherwise.  I agree it would
be nice to do so, but GNATS+Savannah could be useful even if access
to GNATS is somewhat more limited.

    And one more thing: I think I'd need root access here and there to start
    putting the pieces of the puzzle together.

You can have root access.