[Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden: Re: address@hidden: Re: Emacs mai

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden: Re: address@hidden: Re: Emacs maintenance]]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 21:55:34 +0200

> Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 20:15:51 +0100
> From: "Jaime E. Villate" <address@hidden>
>
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 08:35:49PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > AFAIU, this says to create an email address address@hidden
> Correct
>
> > Where do I create it? in /com/mailer/aliases?
> No, you should use the Savannah interface: login, go to the project page
> (https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/emacs/) and follow: Lists --> Admin
> --> Add mailing list
>
> But first you should ask gerd (who's being CCed this message) or bob to make
> you an administrator for the emacs project, to allow you to create new lists.

Gerd?

> > Also, "cvs login" (which I need to check-out CVSROOT and add the
> > entries the above Web page tells to add) fails for me: it rejects my
> > password.  I used the same password that I use when I access the Emacs
> > CVS tree, but maybe I need a different one in this case?
>
> I think the problem is that you have not given the location of the directory
> you want to access, using the -d option.

I was simply using the command that appears in the Savannah Web page:

  cvs -d subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs co CVSROOT

Actually, this didn't work, so I used what I thought _should_ have
been there:

  cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/emacs co CVSROOT

This asked to "cvs login" first, which sounded reasonable, since I
never used /cvsroot/emacs.  So I typed

  cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/emacs login

and was prompted for a password.

> But to find out where the problem
> really is, please put a -t option immediately after cvs, in the cvs command
> you're using, and send us the results you get.

Unless I'm missing something, this doesn't reveal anything
interesting:

 > cvsroot -t login
 (Logging in to address@hidden)
 CVS password:
 CVS [login aborted]: authorization failed: server subversions.gnu.org rejected
access

 > cvsroot -t co CVSROOT
 CVS checkout: cannot find password
 CVS [checkout aborted]: use "cvs login" to log in first

HTH