Re: [Savannah-hackers] pserver broken

From: Joel N. Weber II
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] pserver broken
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 13:57:15 -0400

           Talking to people using 2.2.18 kernels, they said that they
   sometime found themselves in similar conditions and that shuting down
   the eth interfaces + rmmod driver + insmod driver removed the spurious
   entries. I wonder if that kind of fix is faster / safer than a plain
   reboot. These people have enormous amount of disk space without a
   journaling file system, they are therefore quite reluctant to reboot
   simply because mounting the file systems takes a looooong time.

I'm amazed that software that works that well is widely considered
``stable production software''.