[Savannah-hackers] Re: subversions 443 port cvs server hosed?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: subversions 443 port cvs server hosed?
Date: 18 Dec 2001 14:16:09 +0900

Well, I never any replies to my earlier message, but now the symptoms
have changed -- though I still can't do a cvs update.

Is somebody fucking around with subversions?  Does anyone know what's
going on?

[Is anyone on these mailing lists?]

Here's a transcript:

   (emacs) sudo cvs -t update
   cvs update: notice: main loop with
CVSROOT=:pserver;proxy=proxysv2.tmg.nec.co.jp;proxyport=8080;port=443:address@hidden:/cvs
   cvs update: authorization failed: server subversions.gnu.org rejected access
   cvs update: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real password
   (emacs) cvs login
   (Logging in to address@hidden)
   CVS password:
   cvs login: authorization failed: server subversions.gnu.org rejected access

[The basic affect of the CVSROOT above is that it connects (through a
firewall) to a CVS server on port 443 of subversions.gnu.org; other
than that, it should be same as a normal pserver connection.  The
password I gave, BTW is the one that previously worked via pserver]

To get further details, I connected manually to the port 443 server
(using a program I wrote that just does the same firewall tunneling that
cvs does); here's a transcript of that (I've replaced my encoded
password in the transcript with `A...'; I got it from my
previously-working .cvspass file, so I'm pretty sure it's correct):

   (emacs) proxyfwd proxysv2.tmg.nec.co.jp 8080 subversions.gnu.org 443
   BEGIN AUTH REQUEST
   /cvs
   miles
   A...
   END AUTH REQUEST
   error 0 setgid failed: Operation not permitted

All lines are typed by me except the last one, which is from the CVS
server.  It looks like perhaps it's not installed correctly?

Thanks,

-Miles
--
Suburbia: where they tear out the trees and then name streets after them.