[Savannah-hackers] Re: Beginner's howto revisite

From: Martin A. Brooks
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Beginner's howto revisite
Date: 19 Dec 2001 10:18:48 +0000

On Tue, 2001-12-18 at 22:44, Jean-Philippe Boisseau wrote:

> I understand your point but I don't really see the way to implement
> it on this particular case. Perhaps Martin will have more ideas.

I agree with Jean-Philippe here, the best we'll ever be able to do is
give "<your-project-name-here>@foo.savannah.org" style instructions.

Cut'n'pastable instructions are nice, but not at the expense of generic
support for all.

> I suggest we also have what Martin already wrote, to merge, if he
> agrees the two branchs of howto work.

I actually /really/ hate the way the sourceforge docs have been done,
which is our starting point.  Trying to edit text and PHP in the same
place is a PITA to say the least.

This implies, assuming enough people agree, either a database, or
DocBook. Sadly I think DocBook is probably the better of the two as it's
eminently more CVSable.

Incidently, my current contribution is effectively zero :)

--
Martin A. Brooks   Systems Administrator
Jtrix Ltd          t: +44 7395 4990