Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of PHPCMS

From: mathieu
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of PHPCMS
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:54:54 +0100

Le mer 20 fév 2002 à 16h44, Roberto Berto a écrit :
The project use PHP 4.1+

What type of license GPL-like I can use with the new project
registration?

The URL to the sourcecode is: http://www.under.com.br/phpcms/cms.0.3.1.tgz

Thanx, Jaime.

Hi Roberto,

This page http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html
(accessible in the savannah menu, under GNU project) describe many licenses. According to my knowlegde, all licenses described as GPL compatible in this page are acceptables for a project to be hosted on savannah.

According to my knowledge too, savannah dont host projects that are based on PHP4 and not PHP3, due to PHP4 licensing problems described in the license list :

« The PHP License, Version 2.02.
This license is used by most of PHP4, but one important part of PHP4, the Zend optimizer, uses a different and worse license: the QPL.

This is a non-copyleft free software license with practical problems like those of the original BSD license, including incompatibility with the GNU GPL.

PHP3 is not under this license. PHP3 is disjunctively dual-licensed with the GNU GPL. Thus, while PHP4 (which is covered only by the PHP 2.02 License) is still free software, we encourage you to use and make improvements to only PHP3. That way, we can have an active version of PHP whose license is compatible with the GPL. If you are interested in helping maintain an active version of PHP3, please contact the GNU Volunteer Coordinators <address@hidden>. »

Is it impossible for your project to be usable with PHP3 ?

--
mathieu

  ] les brevets, protection de l'innovation ?
  ] http://petition.eurolinux.org