Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GDBM Manager

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GDBM Manager
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:52:24 +0000

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 07:21:13PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Brian Herlihy <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: other
> Other License: Hi, I\'d like to put the program into the public domain.  I
> don\'t mind too much if people take a copy and propietrize it, as long as the
> public version still exists.
> Package: GDBM Manager
> System name: gdbmm

I suggest that you choose one of the permissive licenses such as the modified
BSD license, which amounts to the same as making it public domain and letting
people do what they want with it. Please put a copyright note at the beginning
of your perl file, and register your project again choosing one of the
permissive licenses.
Cheers,
Jaime