Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of FXScintilla

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of FXScintilla
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 18:09:02 +0000

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 05:24:05PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Gilles Filippini <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: lgpl
> Other License:
> Package: FXScintilla
> System name: fxscintilla
>
> FXScintilla is a port of the Scintilla widget (http://scintilla.org) to the
> FOX GUI toolkit (http://fox-toolkit.org). It provides also a FOX port of the
> demonstrating SciTE editor (http://scintilla.org/SciTE.html).
>
> It is a C++ project.
> FXRuby (http://fxruby.sourceforge.net) provides ruby bindings to the FOX
> library, and an unofficial (for the time being) binding to FXScintilla.
> This way FXScintilla is used by the FreeRIDE project (http://rubyide.org)
>
> FXScintilla already exists and you can download the latest tarball at
> http://pini.free.fr/scite144fox2.tgz

Hi,
You said that your project is released under the LGPL, but in the tarball I
see that it is currently under some "Modified BSD" type license. If you want
to keep that license, you will have to register the project again, choosing
the MBSD license. If you prefer to use LGPL (which I think is a better choice)
you should do what they tell you to do in
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html
and when you're done, please register your project again.

Cheers,
Jaime