[Savannah-hackers] Re: GIF files in gsweb

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: GIF files in gsweb
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 20:13:41 -0700

Richard Stallman wrote:

There are several alternatives that work for most purposes--JPG and
PNG.  If something special is needed GNUstep, we will try to provide
it--"we" in this case being the GNUstep developers, since they are the
only people in the GNU Project who would know how to implement a new
feature in GNUstep.  Adam Fedor is cc'd here; what feature do you
need?

To be clear. They are animated GIFs, and it appears that either there is no good translation software (to MNG format) or Mozilla, for one, does not support MNG. Also, the gifs are no longer in the repository anyway.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you