[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Docupage

From: agj
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Docupage
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 23:19:46 -0400

Aubrey Jaffer <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: other
Other License: Permission to copy this software, to modify it, to redistribute
it,
to distribute modified versions, and to use it for any purpose is
granted, subject to the following restrictions and understandings.

1.  Any copy made of this software must include this copyright notice
in full.

2.  I have made no warrantee or representation that the operation of
this software will be error-free, and I am under no obligation to
provide any services, by way of maintenance, update, or otherwise.

3.  In conjunction with products arising from the use of this
material, there shall be no use of my name in any advertising,
promotional, or sales literature without prior written consent in
each case.
Package: Docupage
System name: docupage
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

For free software projects, the processes of generating and converting
documentation,
packaging releases, and creating announcements differ only in minor details.
Yet each
project replicates this machinery; or worse lacks it.

Version numbers and release dates occur in so many places, that it is rare for
all of
them to be correctly updated in a large project release. Changes in operation of
document formating tools can require that Makefiles in every project directory
be
modified.

Docupage unifies and encapsulates these processes. Literate programs
(incorporating
document source) and document source files are managed and combined to produce
plaintext, PostScript, HTML, Info, and PDF format outputs through one mechanism.
Project (WWW) home pages are automatically updated in synchrony with software
releases.

It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.
The HITCH, INFOBAR, and Schmooz components are available from
http://swissnet.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/Docupage/index.html