[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GUSS

From: jeroen
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GUSS
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 16:04:36 -0400

Jeroen Dekkers <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: GUSS
System name: guss
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

GUSS is a Universal System Simulator will simulate any hardware to test, debug
and profile software on. It will be capable of running an Operating System
without any modification to the OS itself, it will simulate the processor and
device drivers and all other things needed to run the OS. GUSS will ease the
development of system software such as operating systems or device drivers, but
could also be useful to test new hardware designs. We want to make GUSS fast,
using virtualization and emulation technics instead of simluation when
feasible, and portable, using a modular design with modules for different
hardware.

It\'s something like http://www.virtutech.com/simics/simics.html, but free. It
does not exist yet but we started designing how it should be.