Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Fle3 is a Learnin

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Fle3 is a Learning Environment
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 12:25:43 +0200

 > But I must admit that I really have no idea whether "Fle3 Team and
 > contributors" will have any legal validity and Loic knows this issue

        I'm very sorry that I've overlooked the thread dealing with
this issue in the past. I would have replied differently. Please
accept my apologies.

        One should also realize that in a GPL software a file should
be self contained because it may travel from one program to
another. If a single file is copied to a completly different program,
the meaning of "Fle3 Team and contributors" is likely to be lost.

        I'd like to add that this does not mean that the software is
not under the GNU GPL. It's only a matter of protecting it in the best
way we can so that the authors and users can forget about licensing
issues in the years to come.

 > There is really a "C in a circle" instead of the (C) I've written. Does that
 > mean that the GPL itself does not guarantee protection in all UCC member
 > countries? I guess things like this most have been already discussed in the
 > appropriate gnu.org list and I should really bring it up there.

        I don't really know where to look for a confirmation that ©
and (C) are stricly equivalent. It's worth looking for though. I very
much doubt that (C) is *not* considered strictly equivalent to © since
it barely is a technical matter of representing "c in a circle". I've
asked for reference material and will let you know when I have it.

        Cheers,