Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of The partysip SIP

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of The partysip SIP proxy server
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 13:32:41 +0200

Aymeric Moizard writes:

 > Hi,
 >
 > Here is my new proposal for the licene of partysip:
 > The core application is LGPL.
 >   --> can load any plugins with any license (GPL as well as proprietary)
 >   --> linked with the ppl library. (LGPL)
 > The "ppl" library is LGPL.
 >   --> linked with the standard C library.
 > The included plugins are all GPL.
 >   --> loaded by the core application.
 >
 > The source code with the above license can be
 > found in
 > http://osip.atosc.org/partysip-0.4.1.tar.gz
 >
 > I hope this fix any potential licensing issue.

        This is crystal clear please submit your project again, add
the URL you provided, mention the licensing rationale, mention that
I had a look at the distribution and found no visible problem and
chose the "LGPL" license instead of the "GPL" license since most of
the code is under LGPL.

        I'd encourage you to chose GPL instead of LGPL but this is
another topic.

        Cheers,