Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah.gnu.org: submission of tiger

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah.gnu.org: submission of tiger
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 13:52:40 +0100

Hi Javi,
(I know Javier personally and I can give very good references on him as a
very active Debian developper).

While you are making changes to your tiger package, there are two other things
that you should change:

  1- The copy of the GPL that you have in COPYING is out of date (the address
  of the FSF is now different). Please replace it by the most recent copy
  in http://www.gnuorg/licenses/gpl.txt

  2- Since this is a multi-author package, you should create an AUTHORS file
  explaining what scripts/programs have been written by who. The scripts in
  util/ have an indication of their authors, but the programs don't; but even
  if they did, it is useful to have a summary in an AUTHORS file.

The inclussion of the 3-paragraph copying permission statement at the
beginning of each source file sounds like a lot of work, but since the
statement is the same for all programs, you can automate that task (for each
file in *.c; do ... for instance)

Cheers,
Jaime