[Savannah-hackers] Re: lshd interruption problem

From: Niels Möller
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: lshd interruption problem
Date: 05 Jun 2002 11:50:55 +0200

Loic Dachary <address@hidden> writes:

>       We are now facing the following problem:

I'm not sure I fully understand the description.

>       - someone runs a command thru lsh
>       - the connection is interrupted before the command is finished

What does this mean? Did the tcp connection go down? Or did the user
press ^C? Did the client exit or hang?

>       - the command is not notified that the connection is interrupted
>         and hangs forever

If the tcp connection is broken, lshd is expected to close the
process' stdin. If it doesn't, that's definitely a bug. Most programs
should notice stdin being closed, and exit.

>       I wonder if you see a quick fix to this or if you need more input
> on this specific problem ?

I'd need some more information to trouble shoot; besides the above
questions, I'd like to know if a pty was allocated for the process or
not.

But before debugging this problem further, I'd like to suggest that
you try upgrading to lsh-1.4, which I'm just about to release. It's
available at the usual places
(http://www.lysator.liu.se/~nisse/archive and
ftp://ftp.lysator.liu.se/pub/security/lsh), but I haven't sent out any
announcement for it yet.

Best regards,
/Niels