[Savannah-hackers] Re: lshd interruption problem

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: lshd interruption problem
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 12:25:36 +0200

Niels Möller writes:
 > Loic Dachary <address@hidden> writes:
 >
 > >    We are now facing the following problem:
 >
 > I'm not sure I fully understand the description.
 >
 > >    - someone runs a command thru lsh
 > >    - the connection is interrupted before the command is finished
 >
 > What does this mean? Did the tcp connection go down?

        The tcp connection goes down, yes

 > >    - the command is not notified that the connection is interrupted
 > >      and hangs forever
 >
 > If the tcp connection is broken, lshd is expected to close the
 > process' stdin. If it doesn't, that's definitely a bug. Most programs
 > should notice stdin being closed, and exit.

        Yes.

 > I'd need some more information to trouble shoot; besides the above
 > questions, I'd like to know if a pty was allocated for the process or
 > not.

        I hope the lsof output provided in the previous mail (for lshd
+ the command) contains enough information. Otherwise I can provide more
information since the command is still hanging as we speak ;-)

 > But before debugging this problem further, I'd like to suggest that
 > you try upgrading to lsh-1.4, which I'm just about to release. It's
 > available at the usual places
 > (http://www.lysator.liu.se/~nisse/archive and
 > ftp://ftp.lysator.liu.se/pub/security/lsh), but I haven't sent out any
 > announcement for it yet.

        I'll do that. I see that the initgroups workaround moved to
lsh-1.4/src/lsh-execuv.c. But I don't see the
--enable-initgroups-workaround in the configure.ac. Is it gone ? Is
there another cannonical way to activate this feature ? Sorry if I
ask obvious questions, feel free to RTFM me if needed.

        Cheers,