Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Bonyade Narmafzar

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Bonyade Narmafzarhaye Azad
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:14:13 +0100

Thanks for the copy of the letter you sent me. I also talked to RMS about it
and he recommended the approval of your project. You should keep in mind some
very important points as you develop your project:

- Please remember that Open Source and Free Software are two separate
movements; we promote the free software ideas, not the open source ideas, so
we expect you to talk about Free Software, rather than Open Source in
Savannah.

- For instance, you should not accept open source licenses which are not free
software licenses.

- Software releases are a separate issue.  They should not be part of this
Savannah project. If you have any other software projects that you'd like to
release, you can register them as separate projects in Savannah.

Regards,
Jaime