Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNU DLX Simulator

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNU DLX Simulator
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 22:45:02 +0200

Hi,

We would like to get a tarball of the current version of your project. This is not really for testing it but to help you to fix potential licensing problems.

About the name of your project, before calling it directly GNU DLX you should call it DLX (or free DLX or something else) until it's a GNU package, official part of the GNU Project, to avoid confusions. Usually people wait a more mature stade to apply for being a GNU package. First you should read http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards_toc.html to see what means becoming a GNU Package, this should help you. So, please resubmit your project with a link to a tarball and a name without gnu (adding that later shouldn't be a problem). If you think your current code is fine with http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards_toc.html you can apply for the GNU project directly (doing it later is not a problem). :)

Regards,