[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNUnfo

From: aw
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNUnfo
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 07:13:42 -0400

Abdul-Wahid Paterson <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: GNUnfo
System name: gnunfo
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

My project is called gnunfo. I am planning to introduce it at the Libre
Softeware Meeting in Bordeaux next week where I will give a 40 mins
presentation. Gnunfo is an offshoot of an earlier (publically unrealeased)
project called infotel which was the real-time billing and routing server for
the PreViking telephony server. The PreViking project has now merged with
Bayonne so that efforts can be focused rather than duplicated. Gnunfo will be
integrated into Bayonne as its real-time information server to handle things
like billing, routing, cdr and perhaps even as a prompt server.

Gnunfo uses a message based system for asking questions and getting responses.
Like: is this PIN valid? It will also take an XML call based probably on XMLRPC
but this is still in the design.

I have been speaking to David Sugar from the Bayonne and dotGNU project about
gnunfo and he is interested in it due to its relevance to both of his projects.
I am meeting with David on Sunday and again at Bordeaux next week to see the
relevance of gnunfo to the dotGNU effort.

My project is being written but is not currently publically available.

Other Software Required:
libxml
glib2