[Savannah-hackers] Re: Breakdown of communication?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Breakdown of communication?
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 22:31:17 -0500

    I search via google using option site:gnu.org
    I permits me to get any page with occurence of anubis on
    gnu.org.
    So any info I get come from the GNU project, gnu.org.

That does not give you an authoritative answer.  The place to check
whether something is a GNU package is gnuorg/maintainers, or from the
messages sent to address@hidden

    Generally we get a copy of the message from you at
    savannah-hackers.

I do not *send* them to savannah-hackers, so how do they arrive there?
Does new-gnu forward to savannah-hackers?

If it does, why did that mechanism malfunction this time?

     Anyway, there must be public mailing list, with
    public archives, that list all this mails. People with no access to
    fencepost must be able to determine whether a project is GNU or not.

Ordinary users can do that from the free software directory,
but that is not always updated instantly.  Therefore, you need to look
at the real master list, which is the file /gd/gnuorg/maintainers.