[Savannah-hackers] Re: AW: AW: CVS & SSH

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: AW: AW: CVS & SSH
Date: 02 Nov 2002 07:45:40 +0100

address@hidden (Chr. Menke) a tapoté :

> Hi
>
> I still have problems logging into the CVS Repository as Developer...
> I created a key this morning with openshh and followed the steps in your
> faq - added the key to the page and everything seemed to work fine - 6
> hours later I tried to log in again ( pw: my chosen passphrase ) and
> there was still this authentication error. So I was quite confused and
> still don't know why it didn't work.. I set SSH to Protocol 1 and
> everything
>
> When I try to connect I enter these details:
>
> Host: subversions.gnu.org
> Repository path: /cvsroot/x-mod
> User: chR1z ( Developername )
> Passwd: <my chosen password phrase>
> Connection Type: extssh
> DefaultPort
>
> I use the Eclipse CVS ( www.eclipse.org ) Client for Windows - but It
> didn't work for WinCVS ( www.wincvs.com ) and other CVS Clients aswell
>
> So I don't know what I did wrong... would be cool if you could tell me
> what I did wrong...

Hi,

The fact is that I havent tested any MS Windows CVS client and cannot
tell you how you should expect it to work.

Your key seems ok.

Is there anybody else in your project that use MS Windows OS that
could help you to find a way to use CVS? I'm not sure that your CVS
client understand to use the password as passphrase.

First, we should determine if you can at least use your ssh
connection. Can you try to put a file in your download area?

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<